We are particularly interested in films that offer positive solutions to the urgent issues of sustainability, resource use, responsible action, and connectedness with nature.
We encourage films that inspire positive environmental action and introduce new perspectives.
Festival Rules and Guidelines
- All films must have a prominent environmental message, theme, or subject.
- Entries must be completed on or after January 1, 2010, unless an exception is granted.
- Formatting of film submissions must be playable on standard DVD players and computers.
- All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles will be automatically disqualified.
- Selected entries are required to supply 1-3 high-resolution images for promotional purposes, and at least 1 photograph of the artist/film director.
- All materials submitted must be labeled with the entrant's name, address, and the film title.
- All entries must be accompanied by a 25-100 word description of the film.
- Film entries should include a synopsis, complete cast/crew list, and complete production technical details including running time, shooting and screening format.
- Costs of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD shipments will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent free domicile to the festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Be sure to include the proper customs documentation required by your shipping service.
- Entries will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 1, 2014. Intent to participate forms must be sent by this deadline and materials must be postmarked by this date.
- Students must include proof of student status at the time of production (i.e., copy of student ID or transcript, etc.).
- Under no circumstances will entry fees be returned. All fees are final.
- Only completed entries will be processed and considered for Festival presentation. Once a submission has begun, the filmmaker understands that it is their responsibility to provide all the required documents, payments and supporting materials.
- The festival is not responsible for lost or damaged submissions.
- Submission materials will not be returned.
There is a non-refundable processing fee for film submissions of $25 and a student fee of $15. Entries must be submitted with the processing fee. Late entry fee is $40 for all submissions postmarked after March 1, and late entries must be cleared through communication with festival organizers.
Acceptance notices will be sent by e-mail on or before April 1, 2014.
Whaleback Intent to Participate Form